Yes, we can!

05/11/2008

This morning at 6 a.m. I was fortunate enough to catch Barack Obama's first speech as president-elect of the United States.

What can I say? Such hope expressed in his words, but can he deliver and worse yet, can the haters set aside their griefs to help rebuild the US? Visions of Martin Luther King as I write this. Another age, another era even.

200 years of Afro-American presence on US soil and today one man steps forward to lead his nation.

I leave you on a humorous note: because in these dour days, where the "progressive" folks of California actually struck down gay marriage, thus leaving such honourable people as Phyllis Lyon in the cold, yes we can! It will take a lot of money and effort to launch another effort. But you should always look on the bright side of life!

1 messages:

Anonymous said...

what can I say???
Yes we can!!! :)

Wanna come pimp my blog??? :)

Lula bites Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino