The year in review: sorta

02/01/2009

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I spatchcocked a chook!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Don't make 'em, don't break 'em.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

United States, United Kingdom, Spain, the Netherlands, France. I think that's it. Frankly, I can't remember. How pathetic is that.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

A healthy partner. A life.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Since I'm so wickedly bad at keeping an agenda, you will understand that I can't name a single one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Admitting that something's gotta give.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not giving.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Painful ankle. Painful shoulder. Excruciating nose pain.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My iPhone! Most definitely.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The munchkin's. She is really a good kid.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My niece's.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Sprucing up the casa. Travel. Restaurants. Clothes for the munchie.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Getting out of the house. And the gym. For a while.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Snow Patrol's Shut your Eyes

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? happier, I think.
b) thinner or fatter? A little heavier.
c) richer or poorer? The same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Gone out!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worked!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At my family's house in London. Great atmosphere, and I thoroughly enjoyed.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Nope.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Hmmm. House MD, possibly. Nigella anything, definitely.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Not aware of any such rabid feelings.

24. What was the best book you read?

Jonathan Coe's The Rain before it falls.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Gundula Janowitz. Pure voice.

26. What did you want and get?

?. I don't really think in those kinds of terms.

27. What did you want and not get?

Liposuction?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Das Leben der Anderen. The best movie I have seen in a long, long time.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Family, in my mum's garden, pool party with a cake. 38.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Having another child, I think.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Black or jeans. Toward the end of the year: dressy, more feminine.

32. What kept you sane?

Hot chocolate.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Marcia Cross? Nigella Lawson? Hillary Rodham Clinton?

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The US election. In hindsight though, I would have been more satisfied if Hillary Clinton had won the Dem nomination. I think Barack Obama may have hoodwinked us all.

35. Who did you miss?

My dad. Six feet under.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I am thinking of a certain blogger, whose dry humour has given me many a belly laugh.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Same old, same old.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"E per un istante, ritorna la voglia di vivere a un' altra velocità..."

39. What do you crave in 2009?

A nose job. A social life. A waistline? Time to read more books, visit museums, travel to see good art exhibitions.

3 messages:

Fresco said...

That’s a lot of questions!
If I had the energy I would copy/paste them and do the exercise on my blog.
Your answer on question 36 however, is very kind.
Frédéric will be pleased. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great list. Could you translate #38 for this dopey American reader?

I wish you and your family the best in 2009!

Misgrace said...

@Fresco - pop a pill, dear.
@Vikki: sent you the answer in your fb mail, I think.

Lula bites Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino