must-have: the rainbow maker

10/06/2008

Ridiculously expensive, but the munchkin chose it at her favourite store, the fossil and bone shop, and since it was so ingenious, I bought it anyway.

Meet the rainbow maker: place it in a sunny window and a solar panel powers the motor that rotates the Swarovski crystal. The crystal splits the sunlight into rainbow-coloured reflections that cast light around the room.

You will need a window that gets a lot of direct sunlight.

Enjoying the rainbows all over the living room as I type this.

4 messages:

Fresco said...

I might consider this because my amazing technicolor dreamcoat is a bit too warm to wear in summer…

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice! I'm a big fan of indulging yourself or others from time to time so good for you for buying it!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Go on, tell us how much it was then!

Misgrace said...

25 euros (15 quid?). For some plastic, a crystal and a solar chip.

But worth it. Every day again.

Lula bites Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino