Oh she was gorgeous - the girl in Rineke Dijkstra's pic

10/05/2008

It's been a while since the last dose of gorgeousness. Eventually, this photo cropped up from somewhere deep inside.

Dutch photographer Rineke Dijkstra took this photo one evening on a Polish beach. The teen in this photo just ran up and struck a pose. The pic is reminiscent of this famous Botticelli painting of Venus rising from the sea:

I would hasard a guess that I am somewhat pre-disposed to liking the photo as Botticelli happens to be one of my favourite artists. And this painting, although reproduced to death, still holds a certain sense of magic for me.

But the coincidence is there and I just wanted to share it with you.

2 messages:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing that pictures on the Genius of Photography series (at least I think that's where I saw it, either that or it's in the accompanying book which I've nearly finished). Very ethereal!

Misgrace said...

@Bun: She is quite striking, isn't she?

Lula bites Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino